Friday, June 5, 2009

Why Get Organized

Welcome to my very first blog.  I want this to be a place where people can ask about or learn about organizing and daily money management.  Since I am quite new to the whole "blogging" thing, I hope you will be gentle with me as I learn and grow.  Your input is welcome.  Initially, I think I will start with an idea a day or a question a day.  Once things get rolling this may change.

So, who am I anyway?  

I have been a professional organizer for over twenty years and have worked and lived in many places.  I love what I do and am passionate about it.  Organizing is not so much about stuff as it is about relationships (at least in my opinion).  I do the work I do because it is transformative and, when truly successful, makes a difference in people's quality of life.  Whether in a residential or work environment, a nurturing and sustaining place reduces stress and increases productivity.  I mean, really, who wants to be yelled at by their homes when they walk in the door or into the office?

So, welcome aboard, and please feel free to participate.

Today's thought:  Needing a professional to help you get and stay organized is not a personal or moral failure on your part.
No one thinks they are somehow lacking when they hire a plumber or attorney, but many of us think we should be able to handle getting and staying organized on our own.  In actuality, having an "outsider" come in and assess your environment offers the opportunity for you to get a fresh perspective on what may or may not be working for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment