Friday, June 19, 2009

Laziness

As Michael Douglas's character in the movie Wall Street said (even though I disagree with HIS statement), laziness is GOOD!  

I believe that one of the best benefits of getting and staying organized is that it is for lazy people (like me!).  I personally do not want to spend one more minute than I have to doing things I don't want or like to do.  The best way I know of to reduce the amount of time we spend tending to the tedium of everyday life is to be organized.  The set up will be a bit time consuming, but maintenance is a breeze.  Ideally, we want to set up our environments so that the tools we need to complete the task at hand are all within easy reach.  For example, when working with paper, a shredder, recycle box, trash can, and appropriate files should all be in reach of where you are sitting.  That way you deal with the paper pretty much only one time.  If you have a small set of files on your work surface for organizing the papers for action, that will also help reduce the amount of time you spend with them.  Examples might be such things as: Bills to Pay; Things to Schedule; Calls to Make and so on.

Have a lazy weekend, and feel to write me with any questions you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment